These rankings are done BCS style with each player ranked according to the following three categories. Their points for each ranking (which will vary week to week depending on how many contestants there are, eg. with ten people remaining the person ranked first will get ten points, the person ranked tenth will get one) will be added up in a final tally similar to that of the old NCAA BCS rankings (yes I know that was terrible, but it’s fun here).
The three categories:
Position in the Game: This calculates what their position currently seems to be, are they in the middle of an alliance or are they on the outside?
Capability: This is the most subjective of the three, but is based in who I feel has the best skills as a Survivor player. Some of these people may be in a bad position, but with their skills can find a way out of it.
Edit: Survivor is a highly edited show where footage is selected in order to create episodic and full season storylines. The way a person is edited can help to predict how well they will do in the game. If a player is in a very bad position, but is getting a good edit, it is conceivable they will find a way out of it at some point.
Last week #11 in the rankings Julie, went home.
11. Alec (last week: 10th) (Position: 8th, Capabilities: 11th, Edit: 11th Total: 4 points)
Alec didn’t improve any, he’s an outer member of Josh’s alliance which is my prediction to be the one that falls.
10. Reed (last week: 10th) (Position: 9th, Capabilities: 8th, Edit: 10th Total: 9 points)
Even if Josh is successful there is no way Reed wins, because the edit is Josh-centric.
9. Wes (last week: 9th) (Position: 6th, Capabilities: 5th, Edit: 9th Total: 16 points)
Keith forgot your birthday just like we are forgetting that you are in this game.
8. Baylor (last week: 4th) (Position: 3rd, Capabilities: 10th, Edit: 7th Total: 16 points)
I thought her prominent edit was gonna lead to her being a contender, but now I think it leads to her being a losing finalist.
7. Keith (last week: 8th) (Position: 5th, Capabilities: 9th, Edit: 3rd Total: 19 points)
I actually think Keith has a prominent role to play–his edit is making him looking like someone to watch, but right now he looks to be stuck in a subpar position.
6. Jaclyn (last week: 7th) (Position: 1st, Capabilities: 6th, Edit: 8th Total: 21 points)
Maybe the previewed conflict between her and Jon will amount to something, but I think it’s a false alarm and that she and Jon will join the Jeremy/Natalie/Missy/Baylor foursome.
5. Natalie (last week: 1st) (Position: 7th, Capabilities: 3rd, Edit: 5th Total: 21 points)
Her silence at the merge is frightening. My new theory is that she and Jeremy advance to the end and she ends up either getting 4th or 2nd place with Jon going 7th; Missy and Keith going out 6th or 5th; and Jaclyn, Natalie, Jeremy, and Baylor making up the final four, with Baylor getting a guaranteed 3rd and Jeremy winning.
4. Missy (last week: 2nd) (Position: 4th, Capabilities: 7th, Edit: 4th Total: 21 points)
It was impossible for me to tell whether her long speech about Baylor was meant to be seen as a positive or negative. People have read it both ways and I think it could go either way. It seemed more negative to me, but she is someone who should hang around and does have some skills.
3. Jon (last week: 3rd) (Position: 2nd, Capabilities: 5th, Edit: 5th Total: 24 points)
The swing vote is an important position to be in, but I don’t think Jon has the tact to make it go his way. Look for him to go out around 7th.
2. Josh (last week: 5th) (Position: 11th, Capabilities: 1st, Edit: 2nd Total: 24 points)
He is rated so high because if by chance he can convince Jon and Jaclyn to get rid of Jeremy he seems all but guaranteed to win. We’re not betting on this though, I think Jeremy takes it.
1. Jeremy (last week: 6th) (Position: 10th, Capabilities: 2nd, Edit: 1st Total: 24 points)
Jeremy takes over the top spot, there is still a lot of doubt as to whether he will be the sole Survivor, but right now it looks like he will at least be in position to lead his group there.